This Wednesday, September 1st we’d like to invite you to a very cool event here in Seattle. As some of you know, team BUILD is the guest editor on the fall issue of Arcade Magazine, the Northwest’s very own journal dedicated to design and the built-environment. The fall issue is packed with talent, masterfully designed by the sharp-shooters at RMB Vivid and beautifully orchestrated by the hard working staff at Arcade.
We’ve always had a fascination with the notion of when a design should be considered complete. In the process of design, there are an infinite number of stopping points – each of which has advantages and disadvantages. Arcade’s Fall Issue gave us an incredible opportunity to create a framework around this theme and bring together BUILD’s network of contributors. “From Gritty to Glossy” studies the various methods of design and explores the design philosophy of 9 prominent, design-minded groups.
Wednesday’s event will officially launch the fall issue in style and here’s 5 reasons why you should attend:
1. It’s a great chance to blend with what we like to call Seattle’s design tribe – a circle of like-minded designers, thinkers and doers.
2. You’ll be able to meet a few of the rock-star contributors.
3. Free copies of Arcade 29.1 will be available for you.
4. The event will be held at the uber-cool Chase Jarvis Photography studio.
5. And lastly, you’ll get to hear a bit from team BUILD -we promise not to blabber on too much about architecture. The no-host bar will also allow you to tip a few back with us.
Basically, we’re super excited about the event and we’d love to share some good atmosphere and conversation with you. Here are the deets:
What: Launch of ARCADE 29.1 From Gritty to Glossy: Methods of Design.
When: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Where: Chase Jarvis Inc, 3333 Wallingford Ave C1, Seattle, WA 98103
Who: Attendance is limited to those 21 years of age and over
How Much: Ten bucks at the door suggested donation
Get the inside scoop and follow us on Twitter.